Friday, July 20, 2018

Day Five

The last day, for real this time!

We had the external review with the IHL ladies. We ordered lunch from Peppers, graciously paid for by the Department Head.  How nice!
Jilian Smart brought us many nice handouts about Character and Content. Her material was very organized and well-presented. It was still hard to concentrate because I knew I needed all available time to finish the presentations.  She left us some homemade body butter. Her products can be found at sapid.vip.

Last night I finished the musical presentation. I had to combine the Karaoke mp3 and my singing track with the 'GAETI 2018' lyrics.  Then, I inserted the audio into a PowerPoint. Finally, I 'recorded' the PowerPoint so the slides would advance as the song played.  It wasn't perfect but it worked. Somehow, there was an extra soundtrack giving an 'echo.' Also, the slides didn't transition exactly as they should have. Again, 'done is better than perfect.'   Some class members weren't familiar with the song 'Havana', but I think they enjoyed the easy Cuban beat.

Art projects got finished (after a lengthy lesson in how to use a ruler).  I was happy with mine and very appreciate that Ms. Latham gave us her guidance. It was truly a joy to spend that creative time each day. I'm amazed that I have such nice products from GAETI, things I can proudly display in my classroom.  This year's finished product -  'Fall in Mississippi.'

Our testimonial was basically a picture of us with our personal testimonial recorded. We had plans for a gallery of pictures, but there was not enough time to paste and identify everything!  I think the other groups pretty much covered what we would have, anyway!
Our Adobe Spark video -  https://spark.adobe.com/video/RgNkfOjXlEMZU   Hope, Cheryl and Mildred

Lots of free materials were waiting for us in our 'home base,' Room 201. I took a picture of some useful freebies with the comfy chair in the background. The materials we have gotten through GAETI have been so helpful to us! 

The best things, of course, were what we learned and the camaraderie we had throughout this experience. Each GAETI group has been different, but fun and memorable!

The things we have learned will touch a lot of students in the future. Thanks, GAETI!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Five

The last day, for real this time! We had the external review with the IHL ladies. We ordered lunch from Peppers, graciously paid for by th...